September 27, 2010

Scan the surrounding

Even travel with group, I sometimes like to stay away from group to work on my photography, not that I am not a group person, but I often able to find more opportunities when shooting along,  Often because there is a tendency for one to shoot similar things in group shooting, although this does not mean you can't get good images, but you can't get more unique images.  Of course my goal is not to shoot just different images, but I prefer when I came back from the trip I have a little different work, even though the difference does not mean superior images.
Here an example, while everyone was focusing on the funeral scene,  I look away to find somthing else to shoot and I saw these monkey running on the roof top of a building next to the Pashupatinath Temple, sunset on the background, and I fired away some shots, usnig Canon 5DII + EF 70-200/2.8L IS with 1.4X extender.
And a young monk quietly looking at the group of visitors (most with cameras) gathered around the river bank to watch and photograph of the funeral in progress. I quickly snap ta few images with a Panasonic GF-1 with 20mm lens. Highly suggested: I knew that a lot of photographers are looking for the highest possible resolution of capture they can get, so often they overlook the importance of a compact camera such as GF-1 can do.
And here an elder Nepali woman walked out of the door, also with compact and mighty GF-1.

No comments: